The Accounts Payable department is located in Sadler Hall, Room 2010. Office hours are weekdays, 8:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M.
Phone: (817) 257-5118
Fax: (817) 257-7733
Address: TCU Box 297011
Fort Worth, TX 76129
- Reimbursement Policy and Procedures for University-Related Business Expenses
- Employee Reimbursement Direct Deposit
- Visitor Travel Expense Form
- TCU Reimbursement Form
- Honorarium (Payment for Services) Request Form
- Departmental Check Requisition Form
- Request for Travel Advance
- International Per Diem Policy & Rates
A. General Information:
INVOICES: Direct questions regarding vendor invoices to the following individuals:
Whitney Hughes – Vendor names beginning with the letters A-K
Terry Wiggins (257-6052) – Vendor names beginning with the letters L-Z, Sams, Costco.
Mary Kaszynski (257-7839) – Student account refunds, room and board, student stipend payments, honorarium requests, security and game officials.
Jocelyn Rust – Travel advance requests, expense reimbursements, EAR inquiries.
Kathy Brandon (257-5110) – Hotels, payments to individuals, BRITE invoices.
Jocelyn Rust – Purchase order requests, foreign drafts.
Jocelyn Rust (257-5118) – Accounts Payable Manager – Contract labor payments, 1099-MISC.
TDB (257-7841) – Director of Financial Operations.
Department bills must be approved for payment by affixing the budget codes on the original invoice and obtaining the budget manager’s signature. Send the approved invoice to Financial Services. Do not send statements or balance forward notices in place of an invoice. If necessary, call the company for a replacement invoice. Retain a copy of invoices submitted for payment in your department file marked with the date submitted. Do not budget stamp the remittance copy or packing slip.
B. Weekly Check Printing:
The TCU Accounts Payable department processes all vendor payments on weekly check runs. The weekly check run begins on Thursday morning. Checks are available for disbursement each Friday at 1:00 P.M.
In accordance with this policy, please be aware of the following deadlines:
- For an invoice to be paid on the weekly Friday check run, it must be received by Accounts Payable no later than Tuesday noon. Note: The vendor’s regular payment terms still apply. It helps to let Accounts Payable know if you have any ASAP payments.
- If you have an extreme emergency and must have a check prior to the weekly Pay Cycle, you must have the written approval of your department’s Vice Chancellor.
- Any variation of the above policy will delay your check printing to the next weekly Pay Cycle.
C. To Submit Requests for Payment for Services Rendered:
If the service is being furnished by a TCU employee, payment will be included on that employee’s payroll check. Non-employees will be paid via Accounts Payable check. Always include the payee’s name, social security number, and complete permanent mailing address, even if the check is to be picked up. These requests should be submitted on an honorarium form, unless an invoice or bill has been submitted to you. Make sure all lines of the form are complete. Include the permanent mailing address — not a TCU post office box address. The payment is taxable income and must be reported to the Internal Revenue Service.
D. To Submit Request for Payment Enclosed Orders:
Attach to a TCU Requisition Form some sort of backup (registration form, order form, or letter of request) which shows the purchase price, company name, and company mailing address. Include the name of the department ordering and the address the order should be shipped to on your backup documents. Indicate on the requisition if the check should be held for pick up.
E. To Pick Up A Requested Check in Sadler Hall Room 2011:
- Know the payee’s name.
- Know the amount of the check
- Know whether the payment is a refund, registration, reimbursement, or payment for services.
- Look at the check when it is given to you to ensure that it is your check. Many times checks to a particular vendor are requested by more than one department.
F. Mileage Reimbursement
The business mileage reimbursement rate for university business is 53.5 cents per mile as of 1/1/2017. Claims for reimbursement are filed using the TCU Reimbursement Form including a detailed itinerary of the auto use and the budget manager’s signature.
The mileage reimbursement rate for moving is 17 cents per mile as of 1/1/2017.
G. Rolling Stock — Auto Licensing Tags or Renewal Stickers:
Deliver Texas Department of Transportation Renewal Notices to Beverly Griffith, Sadler Hall Room 2011. Departments will be notified when the tags are purchased and available. A photocopy of the license receipt and title verification will be provided that should be kept inside the glove compartment of university vehicles.