Cash Depositing Procedures
- Complete the TCU Departmental Deposit Form for all deposits with the cashiers.
- Be sure to specify a contact name and phone number on the form.
- Please do not deposit gifts (Accounts 4260, 4261, and 4290) with the cashiers. All gifts to any department must be processed through Gift Processing in Development Information Services. Please take any gifted cash or checks to the Advancement staff located in The Harrison, Suite 1403.
- Please do not deposit to restricted funds (Funds beginning with 6xxxx) with the cashiers. Restricted funds are for gift receipting only and all deposits to them must be processed through Gift Processing in Development Information Services.
- All deposits of expense reimbursements (i.e. credits to expense accounts) in excess of $500 will be reviewed by the Director of Accounting.
- All cash, checks, and credit card receipts must be deposited with the cashiers in a timely manner.
- All receipts totaling $500 or more must be deposited on the day received or the next business day.
- All other amounts must be deposited at least weekly.
- The cashiers must recount all cash deposits in your presence and verify the cash total amount recorded on the Departmental Deposit Form at the time the deposit is made. The cashiers will run tapes on the checks and credit cards to verify the deposit amounts before making the deposit with the bank.