TCU Reimbursement Form Guidelines
You will still need to attach receipts and print the completed form for signature approval. The new form contains some important new and enhanced features, including the following:
- The days and dates are automatically populated after entering the first date on the form, but the form also allows for manual entry of non-consecutive dates.
- All totals in the form are automatically calculated.
- The form automatically links you to the applicable fields when additional information is required, such as for mileage or meals for others.
- The form includes optional detail pages in which expenses can be itemized on a daily basis for individual line items.
- The form ensures that all required fields are entered and that all totals balance with applicable detail amounts before allowing the form to be printed for approval.
- The TCU logo is included as a watermark on the background of the printed version of the form.
- An invoice number that can be used for tracking purposes is automatically generated at the bottom right corner of the form (only on printed version) when properly completed.
- The form includes links to the TCU reimbursement policy in the upper left corner of the form.
- The form includes links to a foreign currency calculator, as well as to automatic mileage calculators, under Helpful Links in the upper portion of the form.
- The form contains helpful pop-up comments when clicking the icon beside certain fields.
At the present time, the only new requirement that is being implemented in conjunction with the roll out of the new form is the requirement to enter total air miles. Tracking TCU’s business travel mileage, both by automobile and by air, is part of TCU’s commitment to track the University’s carbon footprint. Mileage information will be tracked by Accounts Payable and included with other data in an annual report compiled by the Provost’s office. The new form includes a link to a website where you just enter your “From” and “To” city or airport for air travel and the website automatically calculates the air mileage, which you then enter into a new field in the form.
Please make sure to always use your employee id instead of your social security number. You will still be required to attach receipts to the completed form for signature approval.
The upper right corner of this form contains buttons that can be used to save and to print the completed form. The ‘Save Form’ button allows you to save draft or completed copies of your form. For example, you can complete part of the form and save the form for completion at a later date. Please note, though, that the ‘Save Form’ function does not save data to be used to pre-populate future reimbursement forms.
The ‘Print Form’ button should be used to print the form after all required fields have been completed.
When you click on the ‘Print Form’ button, you will be prompted with a choice to print the form with or without any itemized detail page(s). If you do not itemize your expenses, you should select the ‘Yes’ button. Prior to completion of the form, you can print the form using the print function in your computer’s toolbar. However, the ‘Print Form’ button will not allow you to print the official version of the form with the combination of the TCU logo/watermark and the TCU invoice number in the bottom right corner before the form is properly completed.
Only the official version of the “printed” form with the TCU logo in the background and the TCU invoice number in the bottom right corner should be submitted for approval. FORMS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE TCU LOGO AND THE TCU INVOICE NUMBER WON’T BE PROCESSED. Please note that the invoice number and the TCU logo/watermark will not appear on screen in the PDF, but will instead appear only on the printed document.
If you choose to combine expenses spanning non-consecutive dates or dates that are outside of a normal seven day window, you can use the check box next to the ‘Date’ field. When this box is checked, you will be able to enter dates manually on the form.
When using this option, you cannot enter a date in the first column; however, you can enter a date in any of the other six columns as long as a date is entered in the second column. The day of the week will always automatically populate above the date when you tab or click out of the cell.
If you choose to itemize individual line expenses, use the link next to each line item (after the line item description) on the first page of the form.
Each link will direct you to the corresponding line detail section where you can itemize the expenses. Once you have entered the date, description, and amount, you will need to copy or enter the subtotal for the applicable line item and date in the applicable field in the first page of the TCU Reimbursement Form.
If you copy or enter the incorrect amount and the lines do not balance, a message will popup to alert you to balance the total from page 1 to the subtotals located under the itemized expenses section.
Note: If you need additional fields for itemizing expenses , you can click on the links on the second page of the TCU Reimbursement Form to download a separate pdf form for this purpose.
Please make sure to save and print this form separately and attach it to the TCU Reimbursement Form for submission.